Halloween is often synonymous with creepy and scary, but also joy and excitement! For some, the preparation leading up to this ghostly day can last several weeks, even months (for the keenest Halloweeners!). So, whether you’re simply hosting a small post-trick or treat gathering or a full blown, all-out creepy costumes and hair-raising decorations Halloween party, we have two delicious punch recipes that will send shivers down your spine.
Before you begin prepping the punch…
Here’s the perfect complement to your just-spooky-enough theme, a little something that you need to prepare ahead of time…
“Eyeball” ice cubes
Only 4 items required:
- Green olives*
- 1 ice cube tray
- A dash of patience to give them a chance to freeze 😉
*The monsters in your household are not so keen on olives? No problem, opt for a “fruity” eyeball version; simply insert a blueberry into a lychee and voilà!
Magic potion with 60% less sugar
If you want to please all your guests, regardless of their age, this simple recipe is just the ticket!!
For 6 servings, mix:
- 960 ml Oasis Hydrafruit Strawberry-Kiwi Juice
- 500 ml sparkling water (or a clear soft drink for a sweeter version)
- Lychee and blueberry ice cubes
- Add some ghostly table decorations, and enjoy!
A bloody with Oasis 10 Vegetable Cocktail
Imagine a portion of vegetables in a fun “cocktail” that kids will love! Now, this is what we call a win-win!
The Oasis 10 Vegetable Cocktail is packed with no less than 10 vegetables, and it’s full of vitamins and minerals, including vitamin A and C. Although, we often hear about these two vitamins, what role do they play exactly?
Helps us maintain good vision while contributing to our skin and immune system health. In addition, it promotes growth and development; a key vitamin1 for all little monsters!
This famous vitamin is well-known for good reason, actually, many good reasons. It helps protect our cells and reduces the risk of certain cancers and chronic diseases. Not to mention that by helping our immune system stay healthy2, it assists in the prevention of infections.
- All vegetable juices are not made equal, be sure to read labels and trust the products with fewer, simpler ingredients.
In the Original category, we prefer Oasis brand juice with its list of simple, natural ingredients. Oasis juice is the one that contains the least amount of sugar and sodium.
- Isabelle Huot, nutritionist3
Go dark, very dark
For 6 servings, mix:
- 960 ml of Oasis 10 Vegetable Cocktail
- Lemon juice to taste
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- A few drops of Tabasco sauce to taste (optional)
- Bloody Caesar spices to taste (optional)
- For an adult-only version with alcohol, you can add 4 oz of vodka
Mix all ingredients. To add some spookiness, prepare a large amount of the mocktail/cocktail in a sorcerer’s cauldron (aka your oldest cookware) or serve individual portions in vials of “blood.”
All your costumed guests have left and you still have some mocktail/cocktail in your cauldron?
Here are 2 ideas to not waste a single drop of Oasis 10 Vegetable Cocktail:
- Add it to your homemade spaghetti sauce.
- Toss it into your chili (simply reduce the amount of water or broth).
3 Vegetable juices on a test bench, Le Journal de Montréal, Sunday, May 1, 2016