1 bag fresh or frozen cranberries
1 cup (250 mL) Oasis 100% Pure Orange Juice
1 cup (250 mL) Oasis 100% Pure Apple Juice
1/2 cup (125 mL) unsweetened apple sauce of your choice
1/2 – 2/3 cup (125-160 mL) demerara sugar
1 Tbsp. (15 mL) dark or cooking molasses
1/2 tsp. (2.5 mL) ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp. (2.5 mL) ground cloves
1/2 tsp. (2.5 mL) ground nutmeg
We think that your friends and family will tell you that this is the best cranberry sauce they have ever eaten!
- In a medium sized saucepan, combine all ingredients except the cranberries.
- Heat on high and bring just to the boiling point.
- Add cranberries. Stir until cranberries start to boil and pop.
- Then, reduce to a low simmer or soft boil.
- Cover and stir occasionally until the berries have reduced to the thickness desired – about 30-60 minutes. (Please use care to ensure that the mixture does not boil over.)
- Remove from heat, let cool and serve.