Take some time off yourself and release the stress with your friends

Category: Health and Well-being

5 mins

relacher stress proches 1

I believe in treating others the way you want to be treated, and in order to do that, you must start by treating yourself that same way.  When it comes to self-love and care, I thoroughly encourage making little things, big things. I try to plan at least one activity a day that I can look forward to and I know it will bring me joy. While I tend to enjoy the feeling of completing my daily workouts, chores and activities, there is no better feeling than being able to do that one thing you were looking forward to! Big or small, that moment is yours, you’ve planned it and it is meant to be savoured.

Personally, I love the memories and moments that come from little planned activities. Don’t get me wrong, there is certainly a time and place to dive deep into gardening season or start that project you’ve been putting off, but as someone with a tragically useless green thumb and a very busy mind, I take to other forms of relaxation.

For me, it’s all about relaxing your mind and body. Whether it’s catching up with friends or catching up with yourself. Both are equally important and are meant to be a time where you can take that big deep breath of the day. Vancouver Island is an endless adventure pad of beautiful areas to be explored. This makes it easy to take to the outdoors. Here I am lucky enough to have the sea, the mountains and the forests to explore, to relax and to de-stress. Not only that but going out and taking all the beauty reminds me of how lucky I am and reminds me to sit back for a second and be grateful for another day. When outside, I love going to the beach with two or three of my close friends. Catching up while enjoying the sound of the waves and the warmth of the sun, soaking it up! That has to be my favorite part of Victoria. Everywhere you go, a new beach can be found!

relacher stress proches 02

If I can’t go outside, you can 110% find me in the kitchen covered in flour, sugar, butter and eggs. It may be messy, and it may not always turn out quite like Martha Stewart’s, but I love to release my stress through mixing, pouring and baking sweet treats. I don’t know if it’s the treats themselves or the immediate gratification of knowing that if there is sugar and butter involved, the smiles will follow.  Sometimes I like to turn off my mind and follow my recipe while being a little creative with my own ideas. As of this moment, I improved recipes on average 25% of the time. The other 75% have benefited our neighborhood birds and squirrels greatly 😉

Small and joyful little activities are what I like to fill my little moments with! It is simple and it always works to brighten my day!

  • Jenny Casson